28 Feb 2023
Easter is about super sweet getaways and being with people you love!
We love celebrating the Easter long weekend inside our parks.
With two public holidays back-to-back, Easter with us means being with your family, exploring the great outdoors, and not missing out on a visit from the Easter Bunny.
Find out how we celebrate Easter inside our parks, then discover 10 Easter Getaways you can still book!
TABLE OF CONTENTS
Easter at Discovery Parks
Discovery Parks doubles the fun during Easter holidays by hosting a TON of Easter activities and games in-park!
Throughout Easter, you can expect:
- Appearances from the Easter Bunny
- Regular Easter Egg and Scavenger Hunts
- FREE Easter activity books and fun games for little (and big) kids!
In selected parks, we also:
- Host Movie Nights
- Do Pancake Brekkies
- Put on Quiz Shows
- Hold Regular Sausage Sizzles
- Invite Petting Zoos
Look out for our signs around the park - they'll tell you what's coming up!
ALL YEAR-ROUND FUN
While we love ramping up activities during busy periods, kids love our colouring-in competitions, kids club and games room activities all year-round.
Pedal karts and sports facilities like tennis courts, BMX pump tracks and nature playgrounds are perfect for active campers.
For families who love their outdoor play, games like giant Connect 4, giant Jenga and Mini Golf are loads of fun too!.
READ ALSO: Discovery Parks with Mini Golf!
BOOK YOUR EASTER ESCAPE AT DISCOVERY PARKS
Availability is always scarce over one of the most popular holidays of the year. Consider these incredible locations for your next Easter trip!
ALREADY AWAY THIS EASTER?
Get a better deal on sites and cabins around Australia. We have over 80 parks to choose from!
10 UNIQUE EASTER GETAWAYS AT DISCOVERY PARKS
Coffs Coast, NSW
Halfway between Sydney and Brisbane, the Coffs Coast is a tranquil seaside location surrounded by national parks, autumn festivals, farmers' markets, and an abundance of things to do.
Emerald Beach is 20km to the north of Coffs Harbour and considered a local surfing hotspot. Safe swimming for families make it popular year-round, meaning it's always in high demand.
In Coffs Harbour itself, nature lovers enjoy the bushwalking and cycling trail along the Coffs Harbour Jetty to Coffs Creek loop. The Botanic Gardens is an easy day out for young ones, and the Big Banana Fun Park is nearby!
- Stay in Deluxe 1 and 2-Bedroom Cabins, Standard Rooms and Ensuite Powered and Unpowered Sites.
- Nestled between the beach and the bush, in-park amenities include a heated swimming pool, camp kitchen, laundry and BBQ.
- Guests here love to swim, surf and snorkel, jump into a kayak and explore local rivers and creeks. They also love the movie room and tennis court.
READ ALSO: NSW Best Cabin Getaways
Capricorn and Fraser Coasts, QLD
From the start of the Southern Great Barrier Reef, all the way to the Central Queensland Highlands, the Capricorn Coast is for laid-back Queensland getaways.
Blessed with diverse landscapes and golden Queensland weather, the Capricorn is known for its moonlit evenings, brilliant sunsets and breathtaking views.
A few hours down the road, Hervey Bay on the Fraser Coast is a thriving coastal village known for K’gari (Fraser Island), excellent whale-watching tours, fishing and loads of water sports.
- A range of fully self-contained Deluxe and Standard Cabins. Great facilities amongst 10 acres of landscaped gardens.
- Fully self-contained modern cabins that overlook gardens and pools are the ultimate relaxation base while you’re exploring the Capricorn Coast.
- Stylish new villas with private balconies only metres from the ocean. A perfect Queensland retreat.
- Never been glamping? Try fully self-contained open-plan Deluxe Safari Tents with all the comforts of home and room for up to five.
READ ALSO: QLD Best Cabin Getaways
Mid North Coast and South Coast, NSW
Aside from deserted beaches, windswept cliffs and incredible experiences in nature, both the mid-north and south coast of NSW offer world-class scenery and loads of things to see and do.
The Great Lakes Food Trail is a little-known gem on the Forster and Barrington Coast that includes incredible food experiences at local wineries, artisanal bakeries and boutique breweries.
Weekend markets become daily during peak holiday seasons, there are small fishing boats for hire or you can hire a kayak or SUP from us!
At Gerroa on the South Coast it's much the same – beauty and adventure everywhere!
Seven Mile Beach is a great day out between Kiama and Nowra, there are Surf Camps to join close to our park, and for those that love fun in the water, Jamberoo Action Park, NSW’s largest water theme park, is only a short drive away.
- Enjoy spectacular views of the Wallamba River from the balcony of the Deluxe 2-Bedroom Riverfront Cabin.
- Sleep 6 adults in comfort on one Queen size bed and two sets of single bunks.
- The Superior Villa at Harrington Beach can sleep up to 6. Enjoy your own balcony and access to your own secluded stretch of sand!
Want to escape the everyday? Get remote!
Travelling to the Whitsundays is like pressing the escape button on reality.
From land, sea and air, this part of the Great Barrier Reef is stunning. Choose your own adventure when it comes to sailing, cruising, diving and swimming.
Australia’s most tropical capital has a lifestyle to match.
Explore night markets at the beach, find out why Litchfield National Park is a Territorian favourite, and stay comfortable in our lush garden oasis.
Discover what the ‘Top End’ lifestyle really is while you visit places like Crocosaurus Cove – your chance to meet a saltwater croc in the middle of Darwin.
- Stay cool in the landscaped gardens in Superior 2-Bedroom Cabins with private ensuite bathrooms, fully-equipped kitchens and air conditioning!
An essential stop on any outback adventure in WA’s great northwest, the mining town of Karratha connects travellers to the Dampier Archipelago, the Mackerel Islands and Karijini National Park.
Although this is known as one of Australia’s most beautiful parks, Millstream Chichester National Park is on the way to Karijini, and is also full of tranquil gorges, crystal clear rock pools and a range of hiking trails.
- The Deluxe Hibiscus Cabin is our most popular choice. A very comfortable 2-bedroom villa with climate control, full kitchen and two bathrooms!