Discovery Experiences - Kimberley Durack Boat Cruises
On board our purpose built vessel "Kimberley Durack," discover the captivating history and development of Lake Argyle and the Ord River Scheme. Let our experienced boat captains take you on an informative Lake Argyle cruise and get up close and personal with the lake's resident birdlife and crocodiles . We offer two tours: a lunch cruise and a sunset cruise, both departing from Discovery Resorts - Lake Argyle. Tours are open to everyone and return transfers are also available from Kununurra.
Kimberley Durack Lunch Explorer Cruise
Embark on a 3 hour cruise aboard The Kimberley Durack, surrounded by the stunning beauty of Lake Argyle. Encounter incredible wildlife as you explore the bays and inlets. Take a refreshing swim in the crystal clear waters off a remote island. Explore the Main Ord Dam site and Ord River Gorge before concluding the adventure by returning to Discovery Resorts - Lake Argyle and enjoying a dip in our iconic infinity pool.
- Pick up and return coach transfer from Discovery Resorts - Lake Argyle
- Fresh grazing style lunch
- Complimentary beer, wine and soft drink onboard
- Remote island swim stop
- Explore the Main Ord Dam site and Ord River Gorge
- Informative commentary from an experienced skipper
- End of cruise swim at Discovery Resorts - Lake Argyle infinity pool
- Return transfers to/from Kununurra available please book separately.
Kimberley Durack Sunset Explorer Cruise
Discover incredible wildlife as you cruise among the bays and inlets of this largely untouched paradise. Witness freshwater crocodiles as they nest along the banks before continuing to Hagen Island. Be sure to snap a photo of Mount Misery, which towers above the submerged site of the original Argyle Downs Homestead. Enjoy the swim stop at the tranquil ‘Bay of Islands’ before complimentary beer, wine and soft drinks as the sun begins to set.
- Pick up and return coach transfer from Discovery Resorts - Lake Argyle.
- Afternoon tea on board.
- Complimentary golden hour beer, wine, soft drink and nibbles.
- Supervised swim stop at Bay of Islands
- Informative commentary from an experienced skipper.
Coach transfers to and from Kununurra and Discovery Resorts - Lake Argyle operate Monday, Wednesday and Thursday across peak season (April > September). Tours depart Kununnurra between 8:00am to 8.30am and return 3.45pm 4pm.
- Pick up and return from Kununurra
- Argyle Downs Homestead Museum visit
- Airconditioned Coach
Terms and Conditions
T&Cs apply. Note minimum capacity is needed. Tour may be cancelled or rescheduled.