20 May 2020
Everyone thinks they know the sleepy coastal town of Byron Bay but no one really knows the best things to see and do like the locals who live there. That’s why our park team at Discovery Parks – Byron Bay have put together their top 10 things to do next time you stay. But it’s not all surfing and celebrity spotting, there’s so many free things to explore.
1. Morning coffee at our next-door café FOLK is a must to start your day! Not only is the brew delicious but they make the BEST cinnamon rolls EVER! (Anne, Front Office Manager)
2. Pat Morton Lookout at Lennox Head is one of the area’s most beautiful coastal walks only a short drive from our Park. Parts of the board walk is wheelchair friendly and invites all members of the family to have a fantastic time. It overlooks the east coast and you will be able to spot lots of sea life; dolphins, turtles and our seasonal whales. The walk also takes you through some of the regions amazing Rain Forest. (Maria, Front Office Receptionist)
3. Visit one of the best beaches in Byron Bay to swim, play, surf or just lounge around on. “Our” Belongil is only a 10 min stroll from the Park. Afterwards treat yourself and drop in to taste the most amazing woodfire pizzas at The Treehouse on Belongil. (Scott, Night/Security Officer)
4. Byron Bay recently got a beautiful new Palace Cinema in town. The Cinema is great for both families to have something to do on a rainy day or if you want to invite your better half out for a cheeky date night! They have a beautiful bar area with a terrace overlooking town where you can sit and have a cocktail. Movie lovers might also really enjoy attending different themed events during the seasons. (Glenys, Front Office Receptionist)
5. Crystal Castle is a hidden gem up in the Hinterland with the most amazing Crystals you will ever see as well as beautiful gardens and grounds with the most breathtaking views. This is a must see for anyone, spiritual or not! It might even give you a taste of relaxation from your busy everyday life. (Valentina, Housekeeping Attendant)
6. Pop by the Byron Bay Farmers Market at the Cavanbah Center down the road from the Park, a short drive or bike ride. The Farmers Market is a well-known event held every Thursday morning from 7-11am with the best and the freshest food available in the area. YUMMY! (Om, Front Office Receptionist)
7. Want to go somewhere, where the whole family will be entertained for hours? Head to The Farm Byron Bay for breakfast or lunch or even just a walk around. The Farm offers something for everyone – amazing food, great coffee, a garden shed with beautiful plants and flowers, farm animals, kitchen gardens and even macadamia trees where you can harvest a little snack. Let the kids run around and take it all in! (Troy, Park Manager)
8. Check out the Light House Walk or run it if you can. We recommend starting from Captain Cooks car park and then just follow the pathway. The views are amazing, and you are almost guaranteed to see dolphins and sea turtles every time. When whale season hits, the whales really put on a show for everyone. Definitely a “must do” in Byron Bay. (Shelley, Housekeeping Manager)
9. Want to escape from the busy Byron Bay for half a day? Visit Minyon Falls a 40min drive from the Park. Be one with nature and experience the best our rainforest has to offer. Up for more? Take a look at Killen Falls as well, dive in and cool down. (Gary, Groundsman)
10. Secret Beaches!!!! Ask staff if they want to give up one. Be sure to stop by Suffolk Park Bakery on the way for the best pastries and sandwiches on the go. ???? (Mitchell, Groundsman)
Are you ready to feel zen and explore what Byron Bay has to offer?
Book your stay at Discovery Parks – Byron Bay and soak up the coast.