15 Jan 2020
Ways to Open your Wallet and Heart to Regional Communities in Need
It’s no secret that our regional communities are doing it tough and that the outpour of generosity has been overwhelming during this time of need. Community Spirit is at an all-time high but, wouldn’t it be great if this support was the everyday norm.
You don’t need to be a celebrity committing thousands of dollars to the bushfire relief, you just need to be present for regional Australia. Visitors, tourists, customers; regions are looking forward to welcoming you.
Exploring your own state or crossing state borders to visit regional communities is vital for their future investment and rebuild once the ash settles. With road closures still in place, take the scenic route and be a cheerleader for regional Australia with these simple ways to show your ongoing support:
- Leave the tank half empty and fill up with fuel at the local servo. Top up at every town you drive through too – every bit helps!
- Forget to pack the groceries and stock up on all that is in season at the local farmers markets or the local supermarket
- Taste test a meat pie, pastie or vanilla slice at every local bakery on your journey. Share your review with your followers on social #EmptyEsky #BuyFromTheBush
- Get social at the local pub over a schnitty. Don’t forget to enter the meat tray raffle!
- Share a beer, some laughs and a friendly game of two-up at the local RSL
Our holiday parks are safe and ready to welcome you back. Support regional Australia with a getaway. Check out our holiday park locations here
Before travelling to fire affected areas, please seek instruction and advice from relevant emergency services authorities. Find a list of websites here