16 Aug 2018
WATCH: THREE WAYS TO PUT AN AUSSIE TWIST ON AN AMERICAN CAMPING FAVOURITE.
We reinvented the American camping classic and gave it an Aussie twist – chocolate, marshmallows ‘n’ all.
S’more Hot Chocolate
- Choose your favourite mug and spread a little jam or honey around the rim then dip into flaked chocolate.
- Make a rich hot chocolate and pour into the mug.
- Top with lots of marshmallows and pop under a grill or torch to toast the marshmallows.
- Dust with some extra chocolate powder and enjoy.
Skillet chocolate & Nut S’mores
- Select a cast iron pan and cover the base with chocolate melts.
- Scatter some chopped nuts over the chocolate - try macadamias or hazelnuts - yum.
- Top the chocolate and nuts with marshmallows packed tightly into the pan and place in the oven for approximately 10 minutes or ‘til the marshmallows are golden.
- Serve with a selection of biscuits to scoop out the deliciousness while still warm.
Truffle Pop S’mores
- 200g dark chocolate
- ½ can condensed milk
- 12 cake pop sticks
- 1 packet white marshmallows
Melt the dark chocolate in a saucepan (or microwave) and stir through the condensed milk.
Allow to cool a little, and roll into bite-size balls with your hands.
Push the cake pop sticks into the truffle balls, place on a tray and refrigerate to set and ready to serve.
Place the marshmallows into a large bowl and melt in the microwave for one minute. Remove and stir. If required, return to the microwave for another minute.
Dip the truffle balls into the melted marshmallow and toast over your campfire coals.
Want more delicious camping recipes to get the tongues wagging? Click here
This recipe was published in G’DAY Magazine.