5 Apr 2017
Have you ever left the house for a holiday and wondered: is the stove on? Or are my clothes still on the line? We've all been there. No matter how many times you've gone for a holiday, the morning of the trip is enough to make you frazzled. Making breakfast, checking the house and packing the car - we're not superhuman!
But this time you can equip yourself with a list of things to tick off you go.
Avoid the confusion and stress with our handy Pre-Road Trip Checklist.
1. The Week Before
- Check the local visitor information centre to research what to do in the area
- Confirm the babysitter for your pets
- If you're bringing your pet, pre-purchase necessary supplies for your pup
- Check the phone & GPS coverage for your destination
- Make sure your driver's licence is up to date
- Check the tyre pressure of your car
2. The Day Before
- Take out a bit of cash (not everywhere uses eftpos!)
- Empty the fridge of perishables
- Water your precious plants
- Empty the bins
- Leave key & contact information for your pet babysitters
- If your dog is coming along for the holiday, make sure you have everything you need so he feels at home on the site, too!
- Charge your phone, tablet and laptop
- Pack plastic bags for rubbish
3. The Minute Before
- Recheck you have all necessary documents, bags, and electronics
- Bring your wallet & house keys
- Check all appliances and lights in the house
- Draw curtains and lock windows
Then grab Sparky and pile into the car - because you're going on a holiday!
But wait, what happens when you're on the road or at the park?