3 Nov 2016
The caravan way of life certainly isn’t for everyone. But for some, there’s nothing better than packing up the van, waving goodbye to the house and heading off on an overland adventure.
If you’ve been keen on caravanning for a while now, you’ll know that there are a few things that unite those who love to tow.
We’ve put together a list of the top qualities of an extreme caravanner. How many make you laugh out loud or nod in agreement?
1. It doesn’t feel like a holiday unless you’re taking on the road in a caravan.
2. You have an innate ability to remember boom gate codes at a single glance.
3. You don’t worry when you run out of something from the kitchen at home because you probably have some in the van.
4. A cold day is 25°C. Or 27°C if it’s cloudy.
5. You’re in bed at 7pm and up at 5am to snag the next best camp spot.
6. You find yourself waving to other caravanners on the road - even when you’re not towing yours!
7. You look at something and wonder how much it weighs.
8. You feel the need to use your van as much as possible when on holiday.
9. You rarely overtake other vehicles.
10. You breathe a sigh of relief every time you park your caravan. (Safe!)
11. You worry about leaving your caravan behind when you venture out of the caravan park.
12. You notice yourself constantly checking out other caravans.
13. Your non-caravanning friends just don’t get it, no matter how much you try to convince them how good caravanning is.
14. Nothing can surprise you anymore - you’ve seen it all while travelling.
15. Your caravan really is your second home; you devote almost as much time and money to it as your real home. (Okay, more…)
These are just a few of the reasons that make us love the good life: caravan cruising. Got any others you would add to the list? Let us know!
We like to take care of our caravanners and have a range of deals available at our parks across Australia. Find your dream destination and book your site at a price that gives you a sigh of relief: SITE SPECIALS