15 May 2015
If you didn’t book leave in time for summer holidays, don’t stress. Winter is just around the corner, so take those extra months to save up more and book a holiday for Port Hedland.
For stress free, comfortable Port Hedland accommodation, check out Discovery Parks - Port Hedland.
Port Hedland is unseasonably warm throughout winter, which means that it’s never out of the question to go for a dip in the clear blue waters that frame the town. But what should you do during your stay? Stay close to the ocean for wonderful fishing and snorkelling? Or take day trips to the wonderful areas that surround Port Hedland?
Here’s a list of attractions to help you figure out whether you want to spend most of your time in the Port Hedland area, or if you want to explore a bit.
Things to do within Port Hedland:
- Staircase to the Moon: The best place to watch the Staircase to the Moon is actually at Discovery Parks - Port Hedland, so if you can get accommodation at this Port Hedland location from the start, you’re in luck!
- Cemetery Beach: Outside of being a beautiful, Cemetery Beach is one of few nesting quarters for Flatback Turtles (October – March).
- BHP Billiton’s Iron Ore tour: this tour covers one of Australia’s most fruitful industries, mining.
- Spoil Bank: Throw-netting and fishing are both welcome here; the deep water at this Port Hedland location makes it a perfect fishing spot.
Things to do outside of Port Hedland:
- Karijini National Park: Dedicate a day (or more) to this stunning park. It has secluded rock pools, waterfalls, hiking trails and un-beatable views of the surroundings at sunset.
- Dampier Archipelago: 42 islands surrounded by coral reefs and waters filled with fish, dolphins, stingrays, and whales (July – September) will be all the information needed to get you there.
Don’t waste any more time thinking about it, book a stay at Discovery Parks - Port Hedland and get full access to the area, making for a wonderful summer holiday out of season. Port Hedland is waiting to be explored.