15 May 2015
Finding things to do in Echuca that you will enjoy can be hard in small towns. Have no fear that Echuca is just the place to enjoy simple pleasures in life and learn more about the history of the area. Check out the below list to save you the hassle of searching for the best things to do in Echuca!
Stay at Discovery Parks - Moama West for convenient, comfortable accommodation in Echuca.
Here are some free and fun things to do in Echuca:
- Port of Echuca: The number one thing to do in Echuca is to go on a Murray River cruise at the Port of Echuca. There are a number of paddle steam companies in Echuca to choose from, each offering different options to cater to different budgets, including short trips and two-course dinners.
- The Echuca Pub: The Star Hotel has been around so long that it has it’s own tunnel, used by patrons to escape through when the pub was raided by the police in the late 1800’s. Add this to your list of things to do in Echuca for a historical touch that no other pub in Echuca.
- Sharp’s Magic Movie House and Penny Arcade: Sharp’s has what to see in Echuca covered, with classic movie screenings, old arcade games, and even free fudge. Who can say no to free fudge.
- Billabong Ranch: For a great thing to do in Echuca, head to the Billabong Ranch for a horse-riding experience. These guys offer a one to three hour tours, and even a winery tour! This is one way to show up in style for a beverage.
- Echuca Farmhouse Cheese: Skip the regular Echuca restaurant lunch and head to the Farmhouse for some delicious cheese tastings. The added attraction of this particular cheesery is they have free bikes on hand for spontaneous bike tours (and picnics), so be sure to bring a bottle of wine, some bread and a blanket and make the most of your riverside holiday location.
- Riverboats Music Festival: Who could ask for a better thing to do in Echuca? This event takes place in February each year and is a great, relaxed festival for any age. The music is laid back and the patrons are there to sit back and relax to some seriously good live music.
- Murray River Echuca: For a top tourist experience, head to Echuca in February for the Club Marine Southern 80 Ski Race. This high-speed water race takes place on the Murray River between Torrumbarry and Echuca each year. This is what’s on in Echuca if you’re looking for a terrifying and exciting experience, as water skiers go around 120 bends at ridiculous speeds to win the coveted Memorial Trophy.