15 May 2015
Take 2 days out of your month to book a short trip to the Echuca wine region, a small town that embraces simplicity and history. There are plenty of things to do in Echuca; with access to the Murray River and paddlesteamers still in action, you will not be in want of a quiet place, or something to do. Echuca is less than 3 hours from Melbourne, making it a short trip to reach Echuca’s quality wineries. Take advantage of this quiet town with this list of Echuca wineries to drop into.
Book accommodation to jump start your Echuca wine experience.
Historical Echuca Wineries
- Chanter Estate Winery and Military Museum – a beautiful 100 year old church re-purposed for the sake of wine enjoyment, alongside 40 exhibits of Echuca’s prized military paraphernalia.
- Morrisons Riverview Winery and Restaurant – offering an affordable Warf-to-Winery package in conjunction with the Port of Echuca, combining a paddlesteamer trip with fine wine.
- Silverfox Wines – 7 blends of tawny, 6 reds (including a non-alcoholic) and 2 dry white wines are on offer at this great Echuca winery.
- Steven’s Brook Estate – don’t miss this great little winery in Echuca, where you will be shown tricks to impress at your next dinner party as well as fine wines.
- St Anne’s Vineyard – this vineyard has two aspects: port and wine, located in an original carriage builder’s workshop.
In the Neighbourhood
- Shady River: A Shady River stay is best for couples looking to find themselves in the natural bush and gardens that surround the Murray River in Echuca. A day of touring wineries is never complete without the barbeque cook-up, so be sure to pack the tongs.
- Yarraby: If you are staying at Yarraby, be sure to set a reminder on your phone to leave, because you will forget the world around you. You will be torn between the indoor heated pool and the fishing opportunities, so make time for both.
- Discovery Parks - Moama Maidens: The park has two resort style pools for you to enjoy and a tennis court for a relaxed game with new friends. If you have children, let them wear themselves out on the jumping pillow. You might even be tempted to stock up on a few bottles of wine and coming back to settle in for the night under the stars.
Each site has cabins for more spacious stays, caravan facilities for stopping by and camping sites for a cheaper, humbler, pet friendly experience, so book your stay at Discovery Parks - Moama Maidens today!